Sunday, November 30, 2008

Memories

With A lot of things happening I have sort of lost thread of what I was writing in past, so I think I'll keep writing whatever I remember and leave the sequence aside. Also I might repeat myself but excuse me for my memory.
I remember my paternal Grandmother as a rosy cheeked plump lady who always had something for us. I remember her with a pile of bangles by her side and distributing them to us. She is the one who named Guns gungun cause believe it or not she was a gungun when she was baby with a mass of curly golden hair. She used to do a lot of Sewa at Ramgarhia Gurudwara and I also remember her doing sewa there. As she was born and brought up in Jabalpur she used to read Hindi newspaper and was more fluent in Hindi. She was eldest of five daughters and a brother.Her father was a big contractor in jabalpur. Infact there is a colony named Hari singh nagar after him in jabalpur. Part of property he owned was Plaza Talkies. And papa says at one time her brother even owned a hockey team. She also used to make thrHer ead from old clothes and get it rewoven into sheets . infact we still have one or two. I remember her with a wooden thing twisting thread on it. I don't know the name for it.

No comments: