Tuesday, June 10, 2008

More Memories

Well to continue with my great grandfather,

He was a droughtsman with Malaysian Railways from where he took early retirement to return to his native village Sangatpur, near Phillaur, in Punjab. The village was originally named as Khusrapur, which obviously was not a very nice name, so he campaigned with the govt. and managed to change it to Sangatpur.He used to come once month to Ludhaina and buy general medicines for cough cold,fever etc. and everyone in the village used to come to him for general illnesses. His father-in-law was a hakim, which explains all those formulas for home remedies written his dairies. Well now that I have started writing about him , I'll do proper research and write more later.

1 comment:

santokh said...

Hi Preet
I have just read your article about our village and your grandfather. I remember my father telling us the story of the name of the village and how the elders wanted it changed. Used to give us a laugh. I would really be interested to find out your grandfathers name. We are known as being from the "jordianthia" (twins) house.
Regards Santokh Dulai